Thursday, January 25, 2007

Vegan booze

Received a news letter from the vegans. Was lead to a list of alcoholic products in Australia indicating which ones are OK (noted as VV). The suitability for vegans has to do with the ingredients and manufacturing process. The offending component is the use of animal derivatives that may be involved in production.

My favoured beer, Tooheys New is OK, and so are all of Lion-Nathan beers. My second favourite (until now), VB, is not and nor are any beers made by Carlton United. Wines are all over the place, by brand and vintage, so it will be a schlep to pick a suitable red until I find a reliable supply. Any Penfolds branded wine seems like a good candidate at this point. At least I have a generic safe choice that I can find in any bar: New, thanks.



No comments: