Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Lucy Speaks

It is commonly accepted that a pig has the intelligence of a 3 year old child.


A few weeks ago I signed up for membership to Animals Australia, an animal rights advocacy group.

I am also happy to have contributed twicely (so far) to the Lucy Speaks radio campaign.

Although I personally do not listen to the radio, I do believe that the adverts are a worthwhile endeavor.

Animals Australia seems like the nearest thing that we have to PETA, which I am also a fan of.

I would encourage any like minded person to support these ads. Money equals air-time, and air-time wins hearts and minds.

If you are thinking about it then acting now is the best time to do something about it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I read about that campaign- amazingly, it struck a chord with talk-back radio listeners, and they were flooded with donations.

You might also be interested in the activities of BLEATS (Brisbane Lawyers Educating and Advocating for Tougher Sentences), who have a petition up and running in support of appropriate penalties for animal cruelty crimes:

http://www.bleats.com.au/indexF.html