Saturday, February 09, 2013

Reid x cockpit mod

There comes a time when the factory fitted original ergonomic handle bar leaves you longing for something else, something more hip. I've been thinking about a flat bar a lot lately, but the store was out of stock.

Then I got a breakthrough brain fart, that is to just modify my existing cockpit. I simply used an angle grinder to cut my curly bar, flip it, angle it downward, and move the breaks. This is the awesome result.




Also, as an unrelated non sequitur, after months of skidding on the rear tire for fun, the cumulative abuse took its toll. I had a blow out on Broadway, like a firecracker had gone off.

The take away is, do maintenance. You have a choice: replace a blank on the least convenient terms (on the road), or when it is relatively convenient (maintenance).

No comments: